I was the first person to have a punk rock hairstyle.



Grunge is a hippied romantic version of punk. Fashion is a very stressful place to work because of the demands of doing the shows - no one expects a writer to produce two books a year on the dot - but it's also a very toxic place to work. My aim is to make the poor look rich and the rich look poor. You're only as good as your last collection, which is an enormous pressure. Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.
If you wear clothes that don't suit you, you're a fashion victim. You have to wear clothes that make you look better. Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it. In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. My aim is to make the poor look rich and the rich look poor. Jeans represent democracy in fashion.

Age is something only in your head or a stereotype. Age means nothing when you are passionate about something. We have got to change our ethics and our financial system and our whole way of understanding the world. It has to be a world in which people live rather than die; a sustainable world. It could be great. Instead of buying six things, one thing that you really like. Don't keep buying just for the sake of it. Fashions fade, style is eternal. I couldn't love a woman who inspired me to be totally disinterested. If I fell in love with a woman for an artistic reason, or from the point of view of my work, I think it would rob her of something.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario